Friday, December 24, 2004

Winter in the Versatile. (4157 km)

Winter grips the Versatile tight.
21st of December and winter makes its entrance. The temperature this morning was around -6 degrees C. I started out under a splendid starry sky. Orion, the Pleiades, ... and a whole multitude of twinkling stars among them. In Sombeke we have very little light pollution.
The flag in its holder, lights on, and I roll onto the dike. The bushes are white. Water vapor from the Durme and the Schelde lies heavy on the landscape.
The first meters feel fresh. Just warm, pedaling. In places where I might have slipped with the recumbent, I feel myself more secure on three wheels. The roll-bar behind my head acquires a wintery design as the moisture from my breath freezes on it. Despite the low temperature, everything functions as it should. I don't set the parking brake in this weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home