Monday, November 22, 2004

Nearly winter.

Brisk autumn...
The first snow hasn't fallen yet. Between 0 and 5 degrees C, I ride now in a sweater with long sleeves. After the getting out, I immediately put on a fleece jacket to keep my sweaty body from cooling down too fast. I cover my neckwith a scarf or a neck gaiter such as they wear on motorcycles. While riding, the cold wind slips under your chin into the space under the protective cover (which zips up to close the hatch). Also the eyes need to be shielded with glasses during the winter. (photograph on dutch version: www.brunovdbl.bogspot.com).

During my ride home, I caught sight of a woman pushing a pram on the right side of the bicycle path. In such circumstances, I think: should I honk my horn or come alongside quietly? She looked as if she would stay to the right, so I came past, not too fast (25 km per hour). And as soon as I passed her, there followed a frightful scream. A phenomenon that I had already experienced earlier. Is this due to the appearance of the velomobile or to the conscience of the one you are passing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home