Thursday, November 11, 2004

1000 km in September.

In September, the Versatile was ridden 1000 km. Included are 250 km of the test weekend ( I didn't ride myself) and among others a ride to the dentist: from Dendermonde to Mortsel (85 km). A painless dentist is worth the trip. One day I rode to work twice: the opening of the new school pool was the reason. At the end of September I rode along with my wife once more in her car to Dendermonde. In Waasmunster-town, we were already caught in a traffic jam. And, oh yes, you guessed it, I could have ridden that 16 km faster with the velomobile. It took 40 minutes more with the car. In 1991 I could get to Dendermonde in 15 to 20 minutes. Now that is only possible on a quiet Sunday morning. With the bicycle, you know what time you will arrive. My commuting subsidy provided me with 105 Euros in September. The school pays that much for a teacher riding a bicycle, and the ministry of education reimburses the school. But the ministry appears to be more than a year in arrears with the payments. They have underestimated the number of teachers that would bike to work ride. A mere 30,000 of the 150,000. If they had e-mailed a simple questionnaire to each school, they might have been able to plan for this in the budget ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home